Purchasing Firearms Policy
Purchasing Firearms Policy
UPDATE: We do not sell firearms, or perform customization on firearms for residents residing in California, Alaska, Hawaii.
Federal / State Firearms Regulations
All Federal and State firearms regulations are available on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) website www.atf.gov/ . The following information was taken directly from the publications available on this website and are intended to utilized as a guide and are not intended to be wholly inclusive of the entire Gun Control Act of 1968 or any state legislation. For more information regarding the entirety of all Federal and State firearms regulations please consult the information provided at the above website.
- We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item.
- Firearms purchased online are shipped to the closest, most Google reputable firearms retailer near you for the background check and transfer process.
- Please note that all firearm purchases require valid US government-issued ID and related firearm paperwork.
- You must be a resident of the state selected for pickup.
- You must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun from a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer (FFL)
- You must be 18 years of age to purchase a long gun from a FFL dealer
- All handguns must be transferred from an FFL dealer to the customer in the state of the customer’s
- Long guns can be purchased and transferred to a resident of any state in any state provided that the
transfer is legal in both the purchaser’s state and the state in which the transfer is taking place
- State residency regulations vary from state to state. Please click the following link
(https://www.atf.gov/) to see if the firearm you are interested in can be transferred to you in any of
our 29 retail locations.
- Customers must complete the federal ATF F 4473 and pass the required Brady Act background check
before a firearm can be transferred
All State paperwork (in addition to the ATF F 4473) must be completed prior to the transfer of a firearm to the purchaser. All state or locally required WAITING PERIODS begin when the purchaser patronizes the FFL dealers place of business and completes the required Federal and State paperwork. Waiting periods DO NOT begin when the firearm is paid for on-line or when the firearm is shipped.
As is discussed in ATF FFL Newsletter February 2011:
(https://www.atf.gov/file/56456/download) the ATF considers any non-prohibiting language in state law with regard to residents purchasing long guns in other state to be considered enabling. Therefore if a state law
“enables” purchase of long guns outside of its state borders it is interpreted to mean that residents can purchase long guns in any state as long as it is not prohibited by the state’s law where the intended purchase is taking place. This is also intended to be interpreted in the reverse – allowing non-residents to purchase long guns in the FFL’s state regardless of the proximity of that purchaser’s state
(provided that both states do not have prohibitive language in their legislation).
All State required purchase cards and waiting periods must be observed prior to the transfer of any firearm in any state.
- California: Residents of California can only be transferred a firearm in the state of California. (CA Pen. Code 12072.C & 12048(d)(7)(A))
- Connecticut: Residents of Connecticut can purchase long guns in any state. They must posses a valid Firearms purchase permit or a current CT hunting license. If they do not have
one of these qualifications they must observe the 2 week waiting period before the transfer of the firearm can be made. A resident of any state can purchase a long gun in the state of CT provided they posses a valid CT hunting license. If a CT hunting license is not in their possession they must observe the 2 week waiting period prior to being transferred the firearm.
(CT Gen. Stat 23-37a(b))
- Illinois: Residents of IL can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a valid IL FOID (Firearms Owners Identification Card) and observe the 24 hour waiting period as is mandated by IL law. Residents of any state can purchase long guns in the state of IL provided they posses valid non-resident IL hunting license.
(IL. Comp. Stat. 430.65/3a)
Note: the 24 hour waiting period is a true 24 hour clock (Transaction started at 3pm on Monday – customer can pick up their firearm beginning at 3pm on Tuesday)
- Maryland: Residents of Maryland can purchase non-regulated (shotguns and non-assault style rifles) long guns in any other state. Residents any can purchase non-regulated long guns in Maryland.
(MD Code 5-204:5-123;124)
Note: for a list of regulated firearms in the state of Maryland please refer to www.ATF.gov
- Mass.: Massachusetts residents can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a valid MA F.I.D. (Firearms Identification Card) or a Class A or Class B Concealed Weapons Permit. Non-residents can not purchase firearms in the state of Massachusetts.
(Mass. Gen. L. Chapter 140.131E)
- New Jersey: Residents of the state of New Jersey can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a valid NJ F.I.D. (Firearms Identification Card) Non-residents must
posses a valid NJ F.I.D. card to purchase a long gun in the state of NJ. (NJ Code 2C:58-3)
R.I.: Residents of Rhode Island can purchase long guns in any state provided they posses a signed application for purchase of firearm and observe a 7 day waiting period that begins at noon the day after the purchase application is signed. Residents of any state can purchase a long gun in the state of RI provided they have a signed application for purchase of a firearm and observe the 7 day waiting period that begins at noon the day after the purchase application is signed.
(R.I. Gen. Laws 11-47-35.2)
Payment for products must be made within 30 days from the purchase date. If there is no payment recieved within 30 days from the purchase date, there will be a one time late fee of $50. These are tough times and we understand mistakes can be made, if you would like to dispute the late fee please reach out immediately and we will work with you to limit or even remove the late fee.